- SIDS is not a medical problem. According to the toxic gas theory, it is caused by gaseous poisoning.
- The gases concerned are phosphines, arsines and stibines, all extremely toxic nerve gases. They are produced in a baby's crib mattress (or any other bed where the baby sleeps) when fungus growing in the mattress consumes compounds of phosphorus, arsenic and antimony present in the mattress (and in certain other bedding).
- Babies can be protected from this gaseous poisoning when their mattresses are wrapped in a BabeSafe mattress cover. NO babies sleeping on wrapped mattresses have died of SIDS.
- Breastfeeding does not prevent SIDS. Some countries with high breastfeeding rates have high rates of SIDS, and countries with low breastfeeding rates have had low rates of SIDS.
- SIDS is not caused by parental smoking . While it can be considered a risk factor, if a baby sleeps on a wrapped mattress, whether or not the parents smoke is irrelevant to SIDS.
- Sleeping face-up is only a partial preventive against SIDS - many babies have died sleeping face up on unwrapped mattresses. The gases can still go through the baby's skin, and there is the additional risk of babies turning over in their sleep.
- The danger of SIDS increases as an unwrapped mattress is re-used from one baby to the next.
Monday, May 16, 2016
You will not find these facts on most SIDS organizations' websites, but these are the things you REALLY need to know about SIDS.
A little known fact is that 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. children in a family, and children of single parents are successively more likely to die of SIDS. Check out this graph:
The data in this graph repeats year after year, and is typical of data from other countries where crib death occurs. The graph destroys all propositions for the cause of crib death relating to babies themselves (genes, illness, vaccination, smoking, physiological deficiencies, etc). It forms part of the extensive proof that poisoning by extremely toxic nerve gases is the single cause of crib death. It fully explains and is completely compatible with, the toxic gas explanation for crib death.
If a mattress (or other bedding) contains any compounds of phosphorus, arsenic or antimony, and if certain household fungi grow in the mattress (or bedding), the gas/es which cause crib death can be generated. And if fungi have become established in the mattress during previous use by another baby, the generation of toxic gas commences sooner and in greater volume when the mattress is re-used.
This science accounts for the rising rate of crib death from one sibling to the next. It also accounts for the very high crib death rate among babies of solo parents, who – for economic reasons – are more likely to sleep their babies on previously used mattresses.